Items For Baby
There are basic items for baby that you must keep at home, work and in your vehicle. These items and supplies must be collected before time and should be accessible easily when the emergency or disaster strikes. All family members should take care of the baby and should know where these items are kept and what is there in the kits.
Emergency items for baby
- Food-Keep baby dry food in the kitty as it is the easiest to make and nutritious diet for your baby. Even if you are assembling and keeping the food items for your kit, choose those foods that need less or no water. Also, the food must not require refrigeration and should not increase thirst.
- Water-At least one liter of water should be kept for the baby per person per day is required as compared to four liters for the adults. It includes all purposes from drinking to food preparation, hygiene and washing. Store water for baby in clean sterilized containers and replace with fresh water in each six months.
- Diapers-Diapers are important and useful when you do not have enough water for sanitation and washing.
- Bottles-To store milk and water and other fluids for the baby
- Medications-Keep all the prescribed or non prescribed drugs useful for your baby in emergency.
- Dish-To serve baby with food and other eatables and to store baby food
- A copy of your baby's immunization records (including the date of last Tetanus diphtheria shot)
Other important items for baby
- Powdered milk
- Teething gels
- Dentures and cleaning supplies
- Baby powders
- Baby cream
- Baby soap
- Diaper rash creams
- Bed sheet
- Pictures of family
- Entertainment and comfort items
Considerations for items for baby
- It is very important to be prepared for emergency. You should have a whole disaster supply kit of items mentioned above. You can add any item that you think your baby needs or may need at the time of emergency.
- Keep the items for baby handy, easy to reach to when you need them in emergency.
- Keep all the items safe and sound so that they are useful when required.
- Keep all the items for baby together so that you do not waste any of your time in searching for them.
Emergency plan for baby
- Ask the regular doctor of your child as to which hospital or medical facility he recommends in case of an emergency. The closest hospital facility may not be the best one. However, when the child's condition is life minacious, you certainly do not have a choice about where he is taken.
- Practice having a drive to the hospital. In this way, you will be able to know which the fast route is and where exactly the hospital's emergency entrance is located. In case, you are working, you should also try out the same thing to from your office also.